+ Even though the temps where in the 90’s and it was humid, it didn’t feel oppressive and as hot as we were thinking it would be. The breeze certainly helped.
+Breakfast at the Patriot Diner – I had French Toast with ham, Harry had a Manfast (2 eggs, lots of meat kind of thing).
– Getting an upset tummy even though I ordered French Toast. Sometimes I really hate having a sensitive stomach.
– Due to Harry’s lack of sleep we did not go to Beavertail (I didn’t want him driving).
+Headed “down South” to Galilee.
+ A thermos full of ice water (Me: “Harry do you have your 40 of H2O?”) and a few brownies (which we didn’t eat until we got home. Breakfast filled us both up.)
+The smell of salt air.
– Trying to sit on rocks in a flowy Summery dress.
+Sat on the rocks by Champlin’s and Salty Brine Beach and watched the boats and the Block Island ferries come and go.
+ Remembering my giant straw hat.
+ Applying sunscreen before leaving.
– Forgetting to bring the sunscreen with us.
+ Not getting a bad sunburn. We just got a little pink.
+ Walking around the main street and finding a gift for Damien. I don’t know if it will for his birthday or Christmas.
+ Enjoying a delicious Root Beer Float.
– Getting stuck in traffic where Rt. 4 and Rt.1 meld. However, it wasn’t as bad as I was anticipating it to be. Yah for a weekday and not everyone having VJ Day off! I think it’s impossible not end up with some traffic congestion at that spot.
+ Taking a nice cool shower after being in the hot sun all day.
+ Having a relaxing night watching Glen or Glenda. Wow! What a weird movie, even for Ed Wood. What is up with that surrealist stuff thrown in the middle? I don’t understand why Bela Lugosi is in it, but he’s always fun.
Overall, a wonderful day! I do plan on sharing some photos at some point.