I have an Open MRI tomorrow. I’m hoping they will be able to tell what exactly is going on with the my spine. The last time I had an MRI was 2005. I had originally gone to an urgent care and the doctor said when he looked at the scan that it looked like I had a bulging on my spine or fused bones. Hopefully this time I’ll get a more definitive diagnosis. I’ve wondered over the last week if my hand problem might be connected to my back issue.
I’m terrified at the idea of surgery. I hate hospitals (there are sick people there!), petrified at the idea of being put to sleep (I might not wake up), I don’t want a scar, and I hear many times people who have back surgery never fully recover.
I’m hoping that whatever is wrong is fixable with PT, Acupuncture and other non-evasive methods.
Things I miss….
- Sleeping on my back. I don’t know the last time I was able to sleep on my back (high school maybe?).
- Walking for more than one mile at a time.
- Not being in almost constant pain or discomfort.
- Being able to stand w/0 pain. It be nice to be able to go to a concert again.
- A job…Well not so much the working part, but having a pay cheque. I haven’t worked in three years so it will be hard to get a job once I feel well enough. I refuse to go back to retail and I can not sit in an office all day, so I’m not sure what I will do.
ETA: With (possibility) being more active, I’d be able to lose weight. Which would be awesome !