Missie posted something like this and thought it was fun and I’d give it a go.
If you celebrate Thanksgiving, do you have any favorite TV shows or events that you associate with this holiday? If so, why do you love them?
1. Charlie Brown Thanksgiving, but I didn’t see it this year. Might need to look it up on hulu or something.
2. For Christmas Eve we go out for Chinese food, so for Thanksgiving to save space in the fridge, we decided to have Thai for Thanksgiving Eve. This year we didn’t do it. I made a big pot of spaghetti and meatballs and it’s lasted until tonight. :)
3. Friday we will have a leftovers meal. It might be turkey soup, actual 2nd Thanksgiving or Toasted Turkey and Brie Sandwiches (which we’re having this year. It’s deliciously awesome!).
4. Going for a walk in the afternoon before we really start to get ready.
5. Using a large white flat sheet for a tablecloth and writing on it just like my grandmother used to.
My grandparents couldn’t find a tablecloth large enough for their dining room table (my mom’s the oldest of seven), so someone (probably my grandfather) decided to use a white flat sheet. I clearly remember being little and thinking how neat it was that we got to write on the tablecloth. I knew one day that I was going to have one for Thanksgiving. However, I never know what to write.
6. Not watching the Macy’s Day Parade. I hate parades. Though, I do usually put it on just to see Santa at the end. This is usually the only time the tv is on for Turkey Day.
7. After eating, playing some type of board game with the family.